Corporate & Commercial
We can assist you with all aspects of setting up, running, funding, buying or selling a business and have extensive experience of acting for businesses of all sizes in a variety of business sectors.
We act for start-ups as well as SMEs, multinationals and inbounds and work hard to provide, pragmatic, tailored advice to meet your needs. We provide City expertise at a sensible cost.
Our corporate team work for clients across a number of industry sectors including healthcare (sales and consulting), automotive, IT, cyber-security, project management, logistics and building supplies. The links below provide examples of the assistance we can offer, but feel free to call us to chat through your requirements.
We can assist with company set-up, bespoke Articles of Association,
We can help you with negotiating and agreeing Joint Venture documents (whether contractual or share-based Joint Ventures), Partnership Agreements and LLP Agreements.
We can also help with the contracts your business needs to operate: Terms and Conditions of Business, Employment Contracts and Premises Leases.
We can assist with the drafting and reviewing of Trading Terms & Conditions; Service Agreements; Distribution and Agency Agreements; Outsourcing Contracts; Supply Agreements and IP Licences; Contractual Joint Ventures and Contract Tenders
Recent commercial work includes:
• Drafting re-seller agreements for cyber-security products;
• Advising on the impact of the new Consumer Rights Act 2015
• Advising on a tender for a £100 million joint venture in the professional education sector.
Funding and Structuring your Business
We can assist with the drafting and reviewing of Loan and Security Agreements; Loan Note Funding; Venture Capital Investment; Share Capital Structuring; Group Structuring and Reorganisation; Share Buybacks and Return of Capital
Recent work includes:
• Advising the owner and management team of an automotive business on the sale of that business to a VC-backed vehicle;
• Advising on the share reorganisation of an automotive joint venture;
• Advising on a share buyback and share reorganisation for the IT sector.
We can assist with the buying and selling of Assets and Shares; Management Buy-Outs and Buy-Ins; Share Joint Ventures and Legal Due Diligence.
Recent corporate work includes:
• Acting for a film studios in the sale of its stores business;
• Advising on disposal of a food-processing business to American investors;
• Advising a pharmacy chain on the acquisition of further businesses.