We deal with a wide range of property matters for both commercial clients (including owner-managed businesses, SME’s, multi-national corporations and charities on a local, regional and national level) and personal and SIPP or investor clients alike. The links below provide examples of the assistance we can offer, but feel free to call us to chat through your requirements.
Our property team has extensive experience of, advising on the acquisition, management, leasing and sale of high value commercial properties, from single properties to large portfolios.
Our team can also provide advice on landlord and tenant matters, including lease renewals, possible breaches of covenant and dilapidations claims.
We strive to provide an expert commercial service for our clients and we seek to involve ourselves in the transaction at the earliest possible stage, to help our clients avoid any unwanted surprises at a later date.
Recent commercial property work which our team has dealt with includes:
• The acquisition and subsequent disposal of a £9 million waste transfer depot for an investment client.
• The sale of a £4 million Grade II listed office building in Marylebone for a national trade association.
• The purchase of a holiday complex at Kingslake, Devon, incorporating four fishing lakes and a large number of guest cottages.
• The acquisition of a 124,690 sq.ft. office building in Southampton for an investment company.
We have many years’ experience of acting for landowners, developers and house builders, in the acquisition and disposal of development sites.
Recent property development which our team has dealt with includes:
• The grant of a residential development option by an independent school
• The £4.25 million acquisition and disposal of a town centre brownfield residential site.
• The conversion of a derelict commercial mill in the north of England to 56 luxury apartments in a deal worth approximately £14 million.
• The grant of options over a greenfield site to build 50 dwellings.
We have extensive experience of advising on the sale and purchase of residential freehold and leasehold properties, including leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions.
Recent residential property work which our team has dealt with includes:
• The creation of a new maintenance and access lease for 104 owners on a private residential estate
• Leasehold enfranchisement acquisitions in separate locations for blocks comprising 34 lessees
• The surrender, modification and re-grant of leases of 34 apartments within a sheltered accommodation development.
• The extension of leases within a mixed development comprising 42 houses and flats
We act for national institutions, landed estates, farmers and other land owners with regard to the sale and purchase of agricultural land, subsidy payments, rural planning, farm business tenancies and grazing licences.
Recent cases which we have dealt with include:
• Sale of 155 acres of arable land subject to a Farm Business Tenancy and sporting lease.
• Purchase of a farmstead and 20 acre smallholding for a farming partnership.
• Sale of 210 acres of arable land subject to reservation of mineral rights.
• Grant of a water supply easement to an adjoining farm subject to a development covenant.
• Annual agricultural and horsicultural grazing licences.
Partner - Head of Commercial & Property Department
Telephone: 01494 521301
Managing Partner - Property
Telephone: 01494 893 568
Solicitor - Property
Telephone: 01494 893 504
Pippa St. John Smith
Assistant Paralegal - Property
Telephone: 01494 893 542