Ashley joined in Allan Janes in March 2019 as an Associate Solicitor in our Wealth Management Team. Prior to that, Ashley studied History and Politics at Queen Mary, University of London before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course. She worked as a paralegal specialising in Wills, Probate, Trusts and Court of Protection at a regional firm before completing her training at a local firm.
Ashley has experience dealing with a wide range of private client matters including:
- Drafting complex Wills incorporating disabled persons trusts
- Advising on estate planning for high net worth business owners, and in particular ensuring that business succession is possible
- Completing Court of Protection applications to authorise a property sale where a co-owner has lost capacity
- Advising trustees of a charitable trust and assisting with ongoing management and compliance
- Dealing with complex estate administration where there are ongoing family disputes
- Advising executors on their responsibilities and the steps required for a Court of Protection application where a beneficiary who lacked capacity was set to inherit from an estate.
Ashley is able to assist with all elements of private client work, however her speciality is assisting clients with mental capacity issues including preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney, putting in place Wills and ensuring steps are taken to limit any possible future contest. Ashley can also help with Court of Protection applications where someone no longer has sufficient capacity to take these steps themselves. This includes applications for financial orders and Statutory Wills. Ashley is happy to advise clients with general concern about deteriorating capacity or family and friends who wish to help.
Ashley is an Associate Member of STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and is currently working towards her full STEP membership.
Ashley was born and raised in Jamaica and, throughout her professional career, has dealt with several estates involving land in the Caribbean. She has local contacts in Jamaica and Barbados who are often able to assist in matters there and some neighbouring countries.
When she is not at work, Ashley spends most of her weekends either watching the MotoGP, Formula 1 or going to Santa Pod Raceway for drag racing. She enjoys time in the outdoors and spends a lot of her holidays in a tent and/or hiking up mountains (usually in Wales).