Charlotte joined the firm initially as a paralegal in 2013 before completing her Law Degree and Legal Practice Course and re-joining us as a Trainee Solicitor in 2016.
Upon her qualification in January 2018, Charlotte joined our Litigation and Employment department. Charlotte has already gained a wealth of experience in a variety of high profile cases, assisting with:
- applying for a worldwide freezing injunction;
- successfully defending a multi-million pound partnership claim, which culminated in a 17-day trial in the High Court;
- pursuing a complex professional negligence claim against another firm of solicitors;
- successfully obtaining Judgment in a complex and specialist IT contract claim; and
- successfully mediating settlements between parties.
However, Charlotte’s particular expertise is in employment law. She advises on all contentious and non-contentious elements for both employer and employee clients, recently dealing with:-
- drafting tailored employment contracts for senior executive employees;
- advising on disciplinary and redundancy processes, including complex dismissals involving employees with ill health;
- drafting staff handbooks;
- advising on the enforceability of restrictive covenants, including possible injunctive action;
- drafting company policies and procedures;
- working closely with our Commercial and Property Department to advise on employment aspects of corporate sales, mergers and acquisitions;
- preparing and negotiating settlement agreements;
- assisting with a five day disability discrimination claim in the Employment Tribunal;
- issuing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal;
- Mediating disputes between directors and shareholders.
Charlotte can assist with all aspects of the employment process, from recruitment to termination.
Charlotte is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
In her free time Charlotte enjoys going to the theatre and travelling. She is also an enthusiastic cook, despite her varying levels of success in the kitchen.