Clive is Head of our Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department and specialises in all forms of commercial litigation. Prior to joining Allan Janes he was a Partner, and Head of Litigation in a Grays Inn firm in WC1. There he acted for National and International clients, including the AA, Exxon Mobil, Protim and Sainsburys.
More recently at Allan Janes his caseload has included:-
- Obtaining a world wide freezing injunction against a former finance director of a client company who had embezzled over £1/2 million.
- Successfully defending an Inheritance Act claim of £2 million brought against a national charity
- Successfully prosecuting an injunction action against an employee who had absconded with client lists and documentation belonging to the employer firm
- Injuncting a party, by way of freezing injunction, who was attempting to transfer monies out of the jurisdiction to Australia
- Injuncting a landlord to prevent an increase in rental payments on a commercial lease on a rent review from £40,000 to £670,000
Clive is also an experienced employment lawyer, acting on behalf of both employers and employees in all aspects of employment law. He has recently completed a two week hearing in the Tribunal where he successfully defended our client from a sexual discrimination claim, where the damages claimed exceeded £1/4 million.
Clive takes a keen interest in local affairs. A keen sportsman, Clive’s leisure time is thinly divided between tennis, golf, mountain biking and mountain walking, supporting Wasps and encouraging his children to do all of the above.