Richard is a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives having taken units in civil litigation, contract and tort and is a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department specialising in personal injury and civil litigation including landlord and tenant and commercial disputes. He is the head of our Dispute Resolution department.
He has over 15 years of experience in civil litigation and personal injury litigation in the High Court and County Courts and is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL). APIL has accredited Richard as a Senior Litigator.
He practises within the litigation group specifically addressing:-
•Contractual and commercial disputes covering the supply and sale of goods and services;
•Landlord and Tenant disputes, commercial and residential including possession, dilapidations and rent arrears, commercial Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 disputes, break notices, notices of determination of term, s.25 & s.26 advice;
• Professional negligence;
• Road traffic accidents;
• Workplace accident involving the Health and Safety Regulations;
• Disease cases;
• Clinical negligence; and
• Pre-action Protocol work in personal injury, resolution for clinical disputes, construction and engineering disputes, professional negligence and disease and illness claims.
Richard has been involved in a number of high level cases:-
• A Worldwide Freezing Injunction Order over a Debtor’s assets with a value in excess of £500,000 and its enforcement in other EU States.
• Building contract dispute resolved under the Construction and Engineering Dispute Protocol for a six figure sum in the sub-contractors favour.
• A successful Professional Negligence claim against a law firm for loss of chance.
• RTA pedestrian who suffered shoulder injury causing permanent neuropathic pain, settled before Trial for a sum exceeding one million pounds.
• RTA claimant suffered back injury causing facet joint irritation, settled for a substantial figure.
• Workplace accident where Claimant suffered multiple fractures, settled for £200,000 before Trial.
• Dispute for price of services rendered where a customer failed to pay their fees where Summary Judgment was entered for £100,000
Richard’s hobbies are playing golf badly and running slowly! His other interests include football, rugby and horse racing. At lunchtimes he can be found losing to Alex at darts in the Allan Janes 'gym'.