There are many reasons why people create trusts during their lifetime. Perhaps you are looking to divest yourself of assets for the purpose of your own inheritance tax planning, or you are looking to provide for young or vulnerable family members in a structured manner. Maybe you are looking to vest a second property in your children's name without triggering a charge to capital gains tax. Whatever planning you are considering, we have the experience, skills and expertise to assist.
We can advise on all aspects of trust planning and administration, including:
- The initial creation of the trust.
- The interaction of your trust with HMRC and registering your trust with the Trust Registration Service.
- The filing of trust tax returns.
- Practical advice as to the investment of trust assets and the operation of a trust bank account.
- The chairing of trustee meetings and drafting trustee minutes and agendas.
- Drafting the documentation needed to evidence a payment of income or capital from a trust.
- Providing both reactive and proactive tax planning advice covering all aspects of trust administration.